implemented in Sonnenhof Hotel
Sanitation and disinfection protocols have never been negotiable in our hotel. Since its inauguration, the safety of our guests and ensuring an impeccable cleanliness have been our main concerns because without them we would not have been able to offer the desired high standard travel experiences. In the current epidemiological context, we have implemented a number of additional precautionary measures to provide our guests with quality services in maximum safety. They are based on the applicable regulations, as well as the recommendations of the national and international health authorities:
- Prior to reopening, we performed both a general cleaning and a professional disinfection of all common areas within the hotel and those intended for accommodation (rooms).
- Between guests' accommodations in the same room, we ensure a proper ventilation, while the cleaning of the room is carried out according to rigorous and up-to-date internal procedures, being completed by a disinfection process. To this end, we use cleaning and disinfection Kiehl products, authorized by the Ministry of Health, according to the protocols provided by our supplier (Multi Cleaning System).
- Cleaning in occupied rooms will be carried out strictly with the permission and based on a request addressed to the reception staff; with the recommendation for the guest not to be present in the room during the process. The same procedure applies to any technical intervention required during a guest's stay. The members of the housekeeping and technical staff will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (face mask, disposable gloves, head and shoe covers).
- Dirty linen, towels and bathrobes collected from the rooms are safely transported to the laundry room, where they are washed and disinfected at a temperature of 90 degrees. To this end we use Kiehl detergents and disinfectants authorized by the Ministry of Health, according to the protocols provided by our supplier (Multi Cleaning System). For an indefinite period, guest laundry and ironing services are no longer available.
- We have removed from the rooms those elements that present a risk of contamination and are difficult to disinfect (for example, informational and / or promotional materials) - on request, they are available to guests both in printed version at the hotel reception as well as in electronic format. The products from the minibar were also removed from the rooms and can now be purchased at the reception. We replaced the drinking glasses in the rooms with disposable ones.
- We provide individual cosmetics in all rooms (dispensers are no longer used).
- We recommend the use of the elevator by one person, maximum two if they are members of the same family or guests staying in the same room.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitation in public spaces. Cleaning and disinfection is performed at intervals of maximum 2 hours. We pay special attention on disinfecting direct contact surfaces (for example, handles, railings, switches, countertops, lift buttons, etc.).
- We placed disinfectant mats at the main entrances. In the common areas guests have dispensers with hand sanitizer at their disposal. At the same time, in these disinfection points we promote basic prevention measures, through posters with relevant information in this regard.
- When the legal framework will allow us to reopen it, we are analyzing the possibility that access to the gym will be limited to one person at a time, based on a prior appointment. The equipment will be sanitized after each guest.
- Our Mosaik Restaurant (except for the terrace) remains closed until further notice. Breakfast can be served on the terrace, in the room or can be taken away, between 7 – 10 AM Monday to Saturday and 8 – 10:30 AM on Sunday. The terrace is open for a-la-carte orders daily between 12 – 10 PM, and a prior reservation is required.
- Members of the front desk staff are constantly using personal protective equipment (disposable face mask and gloves). The use of a mask and hand sanitization are mandatory in all common areas of the hotel, both for employees and guests.
- Prevention of possible congestion in the reception area (for example, at check-in / check-out) is accomplished by special markings on the floor, to ensure the minimum safety distance.
- We assure disinfection of room access cards.
- To reduce direct interaction with front desk staff, we recommend online check in or providing identification information by electronic means, as well as payment by card or wire transfer.
- We constantly monitor the health of hotel employees. All our colleagues are thoroughly trained to comply with the applicable safety and sanitation standards.